Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tuesday

We returned to our normal three-hour class Tuesday morning, in which afterwards we grabbed lunch and then prepared for a walk to Denton, the nearest village over. The walk was not required but I was excited to do as much walking as possible so I joined. A small group of us met outside in the courtyard and we left for Denton.
The pathway was much more varied than I had expected, traversing over cow pastures, narrow throughways, over stiles, and through farm land. After about thirty minutes, we arrived in Denton and stopped in at the Welby Arms, a well-known pub there.
After a drink, we left, and started back for the manor. About twenty-five minutes into our trek, most of us started realizing that we weren't in familiar surroundings and it soon became apparent to all of us, our professors included, that we had missed a turn. We doubled back about a mile to correct the mistake and were soon back on the right path for Harlaxton.
Arriving back around 4:30, we missed the bistro, but headed for dinner around 5:30. The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful, with only Luke and I deciding to head into Grantham to check out a bar or two. Only an hour or so, we came back and went to bed.
I should mention that, I forgot my camera (very upset at myself) and so, perhaps as an excuse, for the last few blogs that I have overloaded with photos, this one is lacking. The next two promise some great pics though, so not to worry.

Until again,

Thank you,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment